Country Tough Trail Versatility, CT2V, is a versatility that is a combination of trail riding, a ranch horsemanship pattern, and obstacles. What this creates for competitors is an environment that reaches past just obstacles, just patterns, and just trail. CT2V is a versatility to develop safe trail equine with built in opportunities for charitable monetary gift giving and excitement for those wanting to compete and [Read more…]
In December 2013, David and Brandy Von Holten would have never guessed what Von Holten Ranch would become after they decided to purchase the family farm and transforming it into a trail riding facility. [Read more…]
NASMA Versatility Trail Program 2018 All Stars
By Brandy Von Holten, VTP Chair
The North American Saddle Mule Association that will become the North American Saddle Mule and Donkey Association in 2019, would like to take a moment and recognize the Versatility Trail Program (VTP) goal setters and smashers!
We all know our mules and donkeys are [Read more…]
Country Tough Trail Versatility (CT2V) Kickoff Event is in the History Books
by Brandy Von Holten
Country Tough Trail Versatility (CT2V), which is a national association, had their first ever kickoff event July 14-15, 2018 in Mora, Missouri! Talk about a breath of fresh air! Finally, an association that is designed with safety and growth of the rider and equine placed as their top priority. Every competitor present rebooked [Read more…]
What to do when you mule is horrible at trail riding.
By Brandy Von Holten
If you ask 100 people if mules are good on the trail, I expect 95% would rave about a mule’s sure footedness, their athletic ability, and their calm nature. What about the other 5%? I own one of those mules. Well, if he is in the middle of a calm group, he is solid, but if I put him in the front, then it is like I am riding a completely different mule. Here are four tips [Read more…]